Monday, January 9, 2012

A New Idea

Today my roommate went to her first day of work. At her new job. Here in Chicago. This simple event has sent me into a panic. I have been living in Chicago for about 3 months now, and I am still (really?) unemployed. Who knew that getting a real life job would be so hard? DUH.

So today, as I sit on my couch, I have decided that I need to focus on all the mental energy I have that is not being used on a job to blogging. My job focus has been mostly on public relations jobs, which require a lot of writing. Today I had a moment of panic...what if while I am unemployed I forget how to write? Here is my cure.

As my days are pretty much always the same (sleep, wake-up, apply to jobs, go to job interviews, get rejections letters, eat, etc), I am going to focus this blog instead on specific topics. I am going to attempt to write my opinions and thoughts on what is happening around me. Let's face it I watch a lot of tv (and read a lot of books). I also have an extreme addiction to pop culture, and celebrity and entertainment news. I'll focus on those topics, in the style of my role model Billy Bush (http://www.accesshollywood.com/billy-bush). This man has my dream job, so I'll just pretend I am doing it, on my couch in Chicago.

Now don't get me wrong. I am in love with Chicago. So maybe I'll throw in a few of my love letters to this city and the people I am spending my time with too. As I say to everyone now, my life would be perfect if I had a career, and a steady flow of cash to support my shopping problem, my eating out problem and my CTA card.

So here we go, a blog about my job search, pop culture and maybe I'll be brave and throw a few political thoughts out there too.

Good Luck Lil.

No comments:

Post a Comment